|Advertising Resource Center|
10 Tips For Writing A Profit Producing Ad
1. You can get ad copy ideas by studying similar product's advertising material. Collect their sales letters, classified ads, web ads, e-mail ads, etc.
2. Know exactly what you want your ad copy to accomplish. It could be to qualify prospects, make sales, generate leads, attract web traffic, etc.
3. Make a complete list of your product's benefits and features. Begin your ad with the most important benefit either in your headline or first sentence.
4. Make your ad benefits as specific as possible. Include exact numbers, percentages, times, colors, smells, sounds, descriptive adjectives, etc.
5. List all the ways your product is different from your competition's. Include all the differences in your ad copy that are better than their product.
6. Use graphics, pictures and drawings of people actually using your product to solve their problem. Include a picture that also shows the results.
7. Make a list of your target audience. Write down what reasons would attract them to purchase your product. Include those reasons in your ad copy.
8. Include any proven facts in your ad copy. They could be customer surveys, scientific tests, product reviews, etc.
9. Tell your audience what kind of support they'll get after they buy. It could be free consulting, tech support, free servicing, etc.
10. Ask people at the end of your copy why they decided not to buy. This will give you new ideas on how to produce a more profitable ad copy.
Warning: fopen(http://www.businessweek.com/rss/investor.rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home2/johnnyj/public_html/inc/rss.inc on line 82
could not open XML input